Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.
-- Albert Einstein
I moved to IBM Watson Research Center. This homepage is no longer updated.
Research Assistant Professor
Institute of Computing Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
NO. 6 Kexueyuan South Road, Haidian District, Beijing, 100190, China
Phone: (office) 86-10-62600515
E-mail: haitaominlp [at] gmail [dot] com
Main Research Interests
- Computational Linguistics
- Syntax-based Statistical Machine Translation
- Statistical Parsing
- Synchronous Grammars and Tree Transducers
- Chinese Language Processing
- [Feb. 20] I'm serving as one of NTCIR-10 Task Organizers.
- [Feb.] Many papers to review.
- [Oct. 25] Gave a talk, New Advances in Forest-based Translation, at ICL, Peking University.
- [Aug. 25] My NSFC proposal was approved.
- [Aug. 10 ~ Aug. 13] At Yunnan Kunming for YSSNLP 2011, gave a talk: Recent Advances of MT Research and Application at ICT/CAS.
- [Mar. 28] I finished one year visiting at USC/ISI, and moved back to ICT/CAS.
- [Oct. 7 ~ Oct. 11] At Boston for EMNLP 2010.
- [Aug. 19 ~ Sep. 5] At Beijing for COLING 2010, I got married!
- [Jul. 10 ~ Jul. 18] At Atlanta for AAAI 2010.
- [Apr. 31 ~ May 6] At LA downtown for NAACL 2010.
- [Mar. 31] Gave a talk about Lattice & Forest at NL Seminar
- [Mar. 8] Arrived at USC/ISI, California, USA
- Jun Xie, Haitao Mi, and Qun Liu. 2011. A Novel Dependency-to-String Model for Statistical Machine Translation. [Slides]
In Proceedings of EMNLP 2011, Edinburgh, UK, July.
- Ashish Vaswani, Haitao Mi, Liang Huang, and David Chiang. 2011. Rule Markov Models for Fast Tree-to-String Translation.
In Proceedings of ACL 2011, Portland, Oregon, USA, June.
- Liang Huang and Haitao Mi. 2010. Efficient Incremental Decoding for Tree-to-String Translation. [Slides]
In Proceedings of EMNLP 2010, Boston, USA, October.
- Haitao Mi and Qun Liu. 2010. Constituency to Dependency Translation with Forests. [Slides]
In Proceedings of ACL 2010 , Sweden, July.
- Hao Xiong, Haitao Mi, Yang Liu, and Qun Liu. 2010. Forest-based Semantic Role Labeling. [Slides]
In Proceedings of AAAI 2010 , Atlanta, USA, July.
- Yang Liu, Haitao Mi, Yang Feng and Qun Liu. 2009. Joint Decoding with Multiple Translation Models.
In Proceedings of ACL/IJCNLP 2009, Singapore, August.
- Haitao Mi and Liang Huang. 2008. Forest-based Translation Rule Extraction. [Slides]
In Proceedings of EMNLP 2008 ,Honolulu, Hawaii.
Nominated for the best-paper award
- Haitao Mi, Liang Huang, and Qun Liu. 2008. Forest-based Translation. [Slides]
In Proceedings of ACL 2008 Columbus, OH.
- New Advances in Forest-based Translation, at ICL, Peking University, China, Oct. 2011
- Recent Advances of MT Research and Application at ICT/CAS, at The 8th Young Scholar Symposium on Natural Language Processing, Kunming, China, Aug. 2011
- An Introduction of Syntax-based SMT, at Kingsoft, Beijing, China, Jun. 2011
- Efficient Incremental Decoding and Rule Markov Model for Tree-to-String Translation, at T. J. Watson Research Center, Yorktown Heights, NY, USA, Mar. 2011
- Efficient Incremental Decoding and Rule Markov Model for Tree-to-String Translation, at Google Research, Mountain View, CA, USA, Mar. 2011
- Machine Translation with Lattices and Forests, at USC/ISI, AI Seminar, CA, USA, Mar. 2010
- Forest-based Statistical Machine Translation, at MSRA, Beijin, China, Jan. 2009
- Forest-based Statistical Machine Translation, at Computer Network Information Center, CAS, Beijin, China, Oct. 2009
- Forest-based Statistical Machine Translation, at ICT/CAS (Lecture), Beijing, Dec. 2009
- Research on Fault-tolerant Statistical Machine Translation (Thesis Slides without animations)
Honors and Awards
- Second Prize of ICT/CAS Excellent Paper Award, 2011 (with J. Xie, Q. Liu)
- Second Prize of Beijing Science and Technology Award, 2009
- Second Prize of ICT/CAS Excellent Paper Award, 2009 (with Y. Liu, Y. Feng and Q. Liu)
- Scholarship of Zhu Li Yuehua Award, 2009
- Outstanding Graduate Award of Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2009
- Outstanding Student Award of Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2009
- Best Paper Nominee, EMNLP 2008 (with L. Huang)
- First Prize of ICT/CAS Excellent Paper Award, 2008
- Excellent Prize of Inst. of Computing Technology Director Award, 2008
- Outstanding Student Award of Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2008
- The Don and Betty Walker International Student Fund, 2008
- National Natural Science Foundation of China
- Computational modeling for Chinese syntactic parsing and semantic computing based on valence structure and topic structure
- CO-PI (PI: Prof. Guodong Zhou at Soochow University), Contract 90920004, 2010.01 ~ 2012.12
- Large-scale Discriminative Training for Syntax-based Statistical Machine Translation
- PI, Contract, 61100082, 2012,01 ~ 2014,12
- AAAI 2012, Program Committee Member
- NAACL 2012, Program Committee Member
- ACL 2011, ACL 2012, Program Committee Member
- EMNLP 2010, EMNLP 2011, EMNLP 2012, Program Committee Member
- IJCNLP 2011, Reviewer.
- CoNLL 2010, 2011, Program Committee Member
- CLP 2010, Program Committee Member
- AMTA 2010, Program Committee Member
- ACL 2010, Reviewer, Machine Translation
- COLING 2010, Reviewer, Machine Translation Track and Machine Learning Track
- LREC 2010, Scientific Committee Member, Reviewer
- EMNLP 2009, Reviewer, Machine Translation
- ACL/IJCNLP 2009, Secondary Reviewer, Machine Translation
- EMNLP 2008, Secondary Reviewer, Machine Translation
- AMTA 2008, Secondary Reviewer, Machine Translation and Parsing
Lised in alphabetical order.
Created on March 1st, 2008, updated on February 25th, 2012.